US Trade Representative Michael Froman will be in California this weekend pushing toxic trade. His schedule is below in case you are inspired to bird-dog him and let him know that we aren’t falling for his phony rigged corporate trade deals. Trade should honor and respect people and the planet.
President’s Chief Trade Negotiator to Talk Jobs in Los Angeles, Santa Barbara, San Francisco
Washington, D.C. – United States Trade Representative Michael Froman will travel to California November 15-18 to discuss how President Obama’s trade agenda – the most ambitious in decades – will support California jobs in sectors from agriculture to entertainment. While in California, Ambassador Froman will meet with Members of Congress, business leaders, and members of civil society to talk about trade agreements including the Trans-Pacific Partnership. Highlights of his schedule are as follows:
Friday, November 15 – Los Angeles, CA
– Tour the Walt Disney Animation Building and meet with film industry leaders. Closed Press.
– Visit Paramount Pictures studios to highlight jobs supported by strong intellectual property protections. Open Press opportunity; contact [email protected] for more information.
– Attend a reception hosted by Congressman Xavier Becerra, with stakeholders from the labor, business, and academic communities. Closed Press.
Saturday, November 16 – Los Angeles and Santa Barbara, CA
– Speak at the Port of Los Angeles following a tour and demonstration by local U.S. Customs and Border Protection officials highlighting the importance of effective trade enforcement, intellectual property protections, and import safety standards. Open Press opportunity, contact [email protected] for more information.
– Participate in a panel discussion of the Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (T-TIP) with Spanish Secretary of State for Trade, Jaime García-Legaz at the U.S.-Spain Council Forum in Santa Barbara, CA. Open Press, contact [email protected] for more information.
Sunday, November 17 – St. Helena, CA
– Tour the Mondavi winery bottling and shipping facilities with U.S. Secretary of Agriculture Tom Vilsack and Congressman Mike Thompson. Open Press opportunity after roundtable, contact [email protected]for more information.
– Participate in an Agricultural Export Roundtable with local stakeholders. Closed Press.
Monday, November 18 – San Francisco, CA
– Attend a Technology Breakfast hosted by Facebook. Closed Press.
– Participate in a Trade and Investment Roundtable hosted by the Westly Group. Closed Press.
– Participate in an Armchair Discussion of the President’s Trade Agenda with Secretary Vilsack, at the Commonwealth Club. Open Press, contact [email protected] for more information.
– Visit Square, Inc.’s global headquarters to discuss trade, technology, and innovation. Closed Press.
– Attend a dinner with local business leaders hosted by the Bay Area Council. Closed Press.
For more information or to request an interview, please contact Anne Eisenhower at [email protected].