On Tuesday, Dec. 3rd, more than 35 cities across the U.S. and Mexico joined a Global Day of Action against toxic trade agreements. Called for by the Social Movements for an Alternative Asia coalition as the World Trade Organization begins meetings in Bali, the events also preceded negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) set to begin in Singapore on Dec. 7th. The actions coincided with thousands of Japanese farmers protesting the TPP during Vice President Biden’s Tuesday visit to Tokyo, and hundreds marching in Bali’s Renon Square.
Take a look at report-backs, media, and photos below. If you participated and would like us to add your community to the list, please send details to Cassidy at stopfasttrack-at-flushthetpp.org!
- Anti-TPP Campaign Raises Awareness in Honolulu
- Albany, NY Rallies Against the TPP
- Missourians Join National Day of Action Against Toxic Trade
- San Miguel de Allende, Mexico — Protesters Make Their Voices Heard
- Global Day of Action — Baltimore-Style!
- DC Activists March, Deliver 46,000 Signatures to USTR
- Kansas Joins Day of Action, Shining Light on TPP
- Long Island, NY Tells the Press to Expose the TPP
- Brooksville to Congress: Vote No on Fast Track!
- Sacramento Says: This Holiday Season, Obama’s Giving You Oppression!
- Mainers Travel From Across the State to Join Global Day of Action!
- Black Friday Protest highlights Nike’s Role in Secretive Trade Agreement
- Concerned Citizens in Cheboygan Brave Snow to Expose the TPP
Global Day of Action Targets “Toxic” Trade Agreements, Real News Network
Anti-WTO Activists Make Their Move, The Jakarta Post
Farmers, NGOs Rally for Dissolution of WTO, The Jakarta Post
Biden’s Japan Visit Protested by Thousands Opposing TPP, Popular Resistance