Alternatives to corporate “trade” and globalization:
There are many other ideas about how to fundamentally restructure the global political economy to work for people, planet, and peace instead of corporate power, profit, militarism, and continued economic growth. Learn about alternatives here. Also check out resources from allied groups and organizations.
- Environmental Movement’s recommendations to transform trade
- Fair World Project’s Fairness for Farmers Report
- Public Citizen Vision of a New Model
- AFLCIO NAFTA renegotiation demands and resolution 8 for working people centered trade
- 1000 plus civil society groups issue NAFTA renegotiation demands
- Popular Resistance constructive programs
- New Economy Organizations
The TRADE Act:
Here is a basic summary of the trade act. Here is the final house legislation on the trade act. Here is a letter written in support of the trade act. The Trade Act is one important model that has wide support. Learn more about the Trade Reform, Accountability, Development and Employment Act (TRADE Act) of 2009.
Learn more about the World Trade Organization (WTO) and Public Citizen’s campaign to demand a WTO Turnaround.
Fast Track Replacement:
Learn more about the outdated Fast Track process and more democratic, inclusive alternatives to Fast Track.